Some days you feel like the monkey, other days you feel like the banana. Be the monkey!
God's word always provides perspective. It allows us to see ourselves from the outside in like a mirror for our soul. Life is full of trials, disappointment, evil, difficult people and tasks that seem to big to handle. The blunt truth is that they often ARE more than we can handle this showing our need for God. He uses those times of struggle to remind us that there is only one God and we are not Him. He invites us to call upon Him for His strength in the big and small. As the apostle John is finishing up his last letters he takes time to remind us that:
- 1) We who believe in God are His children
- 2) He has already done the heavy lifting for us.
- 3) There is one (Satan) who is in the world plotting against us.
You are from God, little children, and you have conquered them, because the One who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world.
To know God and be a Christian is to have His strength to handle all that life throws at us. Our good and bad experiences all drive us to a greater understanding of God's love for us. We must chose to take advantage of what He freely offers. Here are a few steps to take.
- 1) Admit you cannot handle it in your own strength.
- 2) Pray for God to help you as He has promised.
- 3) Do what you can and faithfully watch God work.
You do not have to be the banana, through God you can be the monkey.
What has God taught you in relation to handling struggles?
Post a Comment